There is a range of choices of universities and programs for earning a PhD in Malaysia, as the country has grown to be an attractive destination for international students. There are a number of universities that focus on science and technology, among other subjects, and have high quality research programs. Another benefit is that earning a PhD in Malaysia can be a fraction of the price compared to universities in Europe and the US
General requirements for PhD Degree in Malaysia
- Browse the availability of your research field at the desired university.
- Provide at least two recommendation letters
- Write a personal statement.
- Submit your research proposal.
- Provide your updated C.V. (if required)
- Provide a copy of your passport
- Provide experience letters (if required)
Academic requirements for PhD Degree in Malaysia
- Provide your Bachelor?s certificate and academic transcripts
- Provide your Master?s certificates and academic transcripts in addition to thesis (if applicable).
- Sit an English proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE) and provide your score sheet once released. Below are the standard minimum IELTS scores required by most universities in Malaysia:
||Minimum Required IELTS Overall Score
||Minimum Accepted IELTS Overall Score
||5.5 (Pre-sessional English to be arranged)
*Please note that some majors such as pharmacy and linguistics may require an IELTS overall score of 7.0
The average yearly tuition fee of a PhD degree in the Malaysia is $8,000 - $10,000