There are two main approaches for master’s degree; taught Master’s and Master’s by research. Taught master’s degree is based on lectures, examinations, essays, and group work while master’s by research is focused on a research project that requires analysis and interpretation of your specialist topic.
General requirements for Master’s Degree in USA
- Provide two recommendation letters
- Write a personal statement
- Provide your updated C.V
- Provide a copy of your passport
- Provide an evidence of finances to cover tuition fees and living expenses
Academic requirements for Master’s Degree in USA
- Provide your bachelor’s certificate and your academic transcript
- Provide your admission test scores (i.e. GRE, GMAT if required)
- Complete the English requirements for postgraduate degree. Universities in the United States of America accept TOFEL, IELTS, or PTE. Below are the average minimum TOFEL, IELTS, and PTE scores required by most universities in the USA for a Master’s degree:
|English Proficiency Exam
||Minimum Score Required in Each Skill
||Internet based – 90
*Please note that pre-sessional English course prior to enrollment in Master’s program can be arranged if you do not meet the English requirement.
The tuition fee for a Master’s Degree in the United States varies depending on the university, your program, the number of hours. The average cost of a Master’s degree in USA is $25,000 – $30,000 per academic year.